Bachelor of Environmental Technology (Hons) JPT/BPP(MQA/PA6535)04/21
This programme is to fulfil the country’s need in managing, conserving and protecting the environment for sustainable uses. Recently the concept of ‘green technology’ has been adopted by the government among other things to drive the national economic growth. Already there is a National Green Technology Policy formed to focus on four pillars; namely Energy, Environment, Economy and Social.
The awareness in environmental quality is increasing in Malaysia. Recent phenomena such as haze, bad water quality of drinking, leachate contamination, improper solid wastes and wastewater disposal, and many others have attracted public concern.
Moreover, the ‘prescribed activities’ as classified under the Environmental Quality Act 1974 that require EIA report to be presented and approved by the authority need to be monitored closely by experts so that its implementation is adhered to the stipulated regulations. The need for individuals trained in EIA is in line with government’s desire to improve the environmental quality as well as minimizing the impacts on the society.
Upon completion of our degree programme, students have a wide choice of career paths that they can take including:
- Environmental Officer (Government)
- Research Officer (Government)
- Fisheries Officer (Government)
- Science Officer (Government)
- Environmental Consultant (Private)
- Environmental Auditor (Private)
- Environmental, Health and Safety officer (Private)
- Protected Area Specialist (Private)
- Field Coordinator (Private)
- EIA (Environmental Impact
- Assessment) Manager (Private)
- Environmental Manager (Private)
- Sustainability Quality Manager (Private)
- Environmental Officer (Private)